Mount Pleasant Hospital was one of many facilities serving wounded soldiers within the District during the Civil War. It was located near what is now the intersection of 14th Street and Park Road NW. There were several hospitals in present day Ward One, including Columbian Hospital on the site of what later became Meridian Hill Park. All Civil War hospitals located in DC were Union Hospitals. Mount Pleasant Hospital had over 1,500 beds, one of the larger facilities operating during the war. The photo below was taken at an unknown date, but first printed some time after the Civil War was over. The lithograph was published by Charles Magnus of New York in 1862. Both are now available for viewing at the Library of Congress.