Monday, April 5, 2010

Alero Will Replace Rumberos on 14th

Columbia Heights is getting yet another restaurant on the 14th Street strip. Alero, the Mexican restaurant and lounge will occupy the space which last home to Rumberos Restaurant, another locally owned venture. Rumberos, located at 3345 14th Street closed shop last fall. 3345 is on the first floor of the historic Tivoli Theater building at the corner of Park Rd and 14th Street NW.

Alero has three current locations. I've most often visited the U Street location at 13th and U. Haven't been in a while though. Can't say I'm that big of a fan, but perhaps I will try again since they are closer to Mount Pleasant. The other locations are Cleveland Park and Connecticut Ave in Dupont, right on the 42 bus route. No information on when they will open, but as soon as I know, I will pass it along.