Friday, September 17, 2010

H Street Festival This Weekend

Ahhhhhh....  I've really enjoyed attending the H Street Festival the last two years.  Unfortunately I will have to miss it this year, but the show will go on and you should join in!  It's tomorrow, Saturday September 18, noon until 6pm.  Here are photos from the 2009 Fest and this year's looks bigger and better.  

Included this year are a "hands behind your back" pie eating contest and --an event I'm sad to miss-- a tattoo contest!  Got a great looking tattoo?  Unique one?  Not so great looking one?  Show it off and maybe win a prize (actually just bragging rights and a trophy).  If you have one of the worst tattoos, you could win tattoo time to "fix" your not-so-favorite piece of work.

Other highlights include:
*Gallery art shows at Studio H and City Gallery
*3 stages of live music (now on par with Adams Morgan Day)
*Fashion show complete with catwalk (this was a blast last year)
*Boxing ring (I guess for boxing?)
*Speed chess challenge
*Bike valet (FREE!)
*Shuttle buses from Eastern Market and Gallery Place (new this year, I believe)
*Of course festival food, local vendors and patio style partying at various restaurants on the strip

Did I mention it's tomorrow!  Sorry I can't be there, so take a shuttle, listen to some music and play a game of speed chess for me.  To those of you with bad tattoos, don't be scared!  Just do it.