Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Radical" Speed Dating Night

How's that OkCupid membership working out for you? No? Not surprised. Match.com? Ha. eHarmony? Don't get me started. 

Dating in DC is tough. Heck, it can be freaking brutal. But it does happen, sometimes for better -- and others for worse. And  DC ladies, I it seems to be a bit more challenging for you than for the guys. That's regardless of if you're dating men, women or both. And for everyone dating absolutely no one, biggest props to you. The phrase "I'm the one that I want" shouldn't belong exclusively to Margaret Cho. It's an ethos.

But, for those of you braving the maddening crowds, Adams Morgan bar Asylum --2471 18th St NW-- is hosting Rush Dating for the Rad, a take on speed dating. It's tonight and on a few Wednesdays to come. 

A DJ will spinning tunes, the bar will have specials, and organizers are handing out prizes. It all starts at 8:00pm. I'm really curious to see how this goes. If you go, let me know, eh? Good luck!