"Youth For Understanding USA, one of the oldest and most respected international exchange organizations in the US, welcomes students to the DC/Northern VA/MD area from our partner offices abroad. In July, 2014 we have family hosting opportunities for a short term three week program for students from China. Short term hosting can be a fun way to connect with another culture ~ and perhaps, learn a bit of Mandarin language as well! The students range in age from 14-17, and are conversant in English. LEARN MORE about this summer hosting opportunity, or please pass this message to another family that might be interested!
DC Summer Cultural Immersion Program:
- Students are all from one of the top high schools in Beijing – and are conversant in English
- Students can be hosted in dual placements - 2 or even 3 in a home.
- Student files include photos and host family letters, as usual.
- Students will be participating in English Language classes, and visiting cultural/historical sites.
- There are some wonderful kids in this group!
- Provide a bed (shared rooms with host siblings OK), meals, supportive guidance and help with local transportation to a central meeting point on program days. We can help arrange car pools!
- Receive pre-arrival orientation and support contact
- Are invited to post arrival orientation and a departure host family/student hospitality event