Time for some summer fun this weekend, right in the neighborhood! Saturday, of course, is farmers' market time, from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. And Sunday is the Shop Hop! This almost-annual event is organized by the Mount Pleasant Business Association. Support our local vendors and store owners as they offer all manner of discounts and sales. Noon - 5:00 pm this Sunday along Mount Pleasant St NW. From the organizers:
"Spring into Summer Mt. Pleasant Shop Hop!
On Sunday June 8, 2014 from noon – 5 pm, the Mt. Pleasant Business Association will be hosting the Spring into Summer Mt. Pleasant Shop Hop. Come stroll down historic Mt. Pleasant Street and visit Mt. Pleasant Businesses specials and free samples. Also featuring local craft vendors and live music! Mt. Pleasant Street from Park Road to Harvard Street.
Past Tense Yoga:
· Raffle for free classes and a 5 class pass
· Free snacks
· A yoga pose challenge to win free classes
Each Peach Market:
· With Cherry Blossom Creative selling beautiful hand-made maps, posters, and greeting cards.
· Free samples from Each Peach vendors Vigilante Coffee, 2 Armadillos, Runningbyrd Tea Company, Ahimsa Raw Almond Milk, and many others!
Craft Kombucha @ Heller's Bakery
· Free samples of Kombucha
· Kombucha on tap
· New flavor feature!
· With Mischief Girl selling handmade jewelry and accessories
· Free ice cream samples
DC Self Defense Karate Association @ McCormick Paint
· Karate demonstrations
· Prize wheel for free karate classes
· Free fruit samples (Watermelon, Mango, and Pineapple)
· Textile and jewelry sale
· Clothing sale
Old School Hardware
· Sales and special deals on Old School Hardware products
· Free food samples, patio dining, and LIVE MUSIC!!"