Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Fun Post: 90s Redux

When Mike Murphy showed me his new tape, I did a double take. I was in middle school and was just getting over the Red Hot Chili Peppers' weird name. But, I liked them a lot. Butthole Surfers on the other hand, no way. Just too weird and I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone that I was listing to a band with the word "butthole" in the name. So I kindly passed on even trying to give them a listen. Even on Mike Murphy's advice. He did turn subsequently turn me on to Faith No More, though. And some other good bands. Good job buddy.

Anyway, a few years later Butthole Surfers released another Mike Murphy approved record with 1996's Electriclarryland and the rest is history, as they say. Butthole history. This is the biggest hit of of that particular album. It's called "Pepper".