Thursday, September 1, 2011

Le Pain, Downtown

975 F Street NW, location of DC's newest Le Pain Quoidien
The last time I had dinner at Le Pain Quotidien was a few months ago. If I remember correctly, I had a stacked polenta and vegetable dish in a tomato-based sauce. I loved the dish, the communal table, open layout of Le Pain, and the plethora of vegan options on the menu. I've only been to the Dupont location of the chain, which originated in Brussels more than 20 years ago. There are four other stores in the District and others in suburban Maryland and Virginia.

The downtown location will be in a 2,800 square foot, first floor space at 975 F Street NW. There will be seating for 75. 

Over the past few years the 900 block of F St between Metro Center and Penn Quarter has also seen the opening of Cowgirl Creamery, Amorini Panini, District of Pi (yesterday!), Co Co Sala and more. Food, food, food. And lots of it. And downtown isn't done. More stores and restaurants are on the way. 

I don't know when this Le Pain is opening, but count me in for breakfast and lunch when it does. Vegan food downtown, always a good thing. I'll pass on any more news as I hear it via @The42BusDC.