Monday, September 12, 2011

Adams Morgan Day 2011: Photos

Yesterday may have been the earliest I've attended Adams Morgan Day. The 32nd occasion of this neighborhood street festival officially started at 12:00 noon, and I was there pretty much right on time. Part of me wanted to beat any bad weather, but also beat the crowds. Luckily the weather held out and it did get quite busy towards the end of my visit. Yes, there was karaoke, smokey grilled foods, quirky art, and clothing booths. 

Next year, I'd love to see additional outdoor seating for restaurants (ala H St Festival), but many restaurants had food and drink specials and appeared busy. Some had booths near or just outside their restarants for grab and-go-food. Definitely made my annual Jyoti stop for veggie samosas and bhajia. Not much in the way of cool free stuff this year, but the relaxed mood and decent music (the two bands I was able to see) made for an enjoyable day. Here are just a few photos from the 2011 dams Morgan Day festival.

Restaurants and bars with patios were popular yesterday.
Crowds were light early on.
Kids area was dusty in some places, muddy in others, but who can resist moonbounce?
Smoke from grills filled the air.
Arts on Belmont was great this year. I got a cool t-shirt and some print pieces.
Everything under the (deep fried) sky.
Awesome record and vintage clothing shop opened yesterday; under Pharmacy Bar