Sunday, February 10, 2013

Washington Car Show: A Photo Essay

Another chance to vote on DC's  new taxicab paint schemes.
I voted for this one. Twice.
There were lots of "zero" or low emission electric hybrids.
This one is configured so you can charge it at home.
I wish car2go would switch to an all  electric fleet of smart cars.
Concepts never really end up looking as cool in reality. This is a Toyota.
Having the hood up doesn't help me. I have no idea what to look for.
If you were willing to sign away all liability, you could drive a Fiat though a mini obstacle course.
This driving experience required somewhat less of a commitment. 
For some reason the Army was there. This remote vehicle finds IEDs and mines.
Plenty of mid-life crisis mobiles.
And of course SUVs. They are still really popular.
Jr 1BR on wheels. AKA Cadillac Escalade Platinum.
Seriously. It has more TVs and seating than my apartment.
This car costs $158,100. It gets 15 MPG. That's $10,000 per mile per gallon.
At $25 these were the only cars at the show I could afford.