Monday, August 13, 2007

Adams Morgan Day Set for September 9, 2007

The traditionally hot, humid, fried food, music, beer, art and culture fest known as Adams Morgan Day will be held on Sunday, September 9 this year.  According to the festival web site, 24,000 attended last year and I can vouch for that.  I probably would have vouched for a larger number, but its on the web, so it must be true.  

The photo here is from the official web site, I can't seem to find my photos for some reason.  Probably a good thing; they're mostly of me sweating in between stops at the "authentic" lemonade stand, that Chinese food vendor that somehow gets a spot at EVERY street festival, and the Columbia Rd music stage which occasionally features music when the band's lead singer isn't inevitably bantering about how they just got into the studio for the first time.  It's the best street festival in DC, besides the Caribbean Festival and Parade.  Oh yeah, and maybe the Capitol 4th.  OK, that was a joke.  I only plugged the Capitol 4th because this year it was hosted by Tony Danza of, let's be honest... the. best. sitcom. ever.