Friday, October 31, 2008

Lamont Street Halloween Party is Tonight

Well, last year we gave away over 2,000 individual pieces of candy. Not trying to buy that much this year. So, kids, if you are reading this, just know that I will not be giving out candy until the cows come home. Only until we run out.

A few notes: If you have a good costume, I may give you two pieces of candy instead of one. If you are over 20 and don't have a kid with you, I'm not giving you candy. Especially if you aren't dressed up. If you wear that mask from the movie Scream, I will not give you candy. Its 2008 people(!), move on... If you are dressed up as Sarah Palin, I may or may not give you candy (still deciding). If you are the Joker from Batman: The Dark Knight, you will not get candy. I may ask you to leave the festival all together. Satirical, pun-based, dada-themed and otherwise intellectual costumes will get an extra piece of candy and additional verbal praise. In a reversal of last year's policy, Disney and Pixar character costumes now get candy. Babies too young to know they are in a costume will get a piece of candy, but the accompanying adult will not, sorry.

Once you make the rounds three times, you should call it a night. I saw some of you climb my steps like, 6 times last year. Not really fair to the other kids who only go up and down the street 3 or 4 times. Look out for the costume contest and s'mores/hot chocolate or cider. The festival is after sundown tonight on Lamont Street NW between 17th and 18th Streets. The street will be closed to car traffic. See you there!