Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do You Zissou

After Rushmore, I figured Wes Anderson couldn't direct a better film. As far as I know, I'm right. The Royal Tenenbaums was fantastic, but couldn't best Max. I have yet to see The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou or The Darjeeling Limited. I didn't want to be disappointed.

Tonight may change that. Asylum Rock and Roll Lounge will show Life Aquatic, the fourth of five Anderson films, free at the upstairs bar. Last week there were some technical issues (the movie began more than 30 minutes late), but I've been assured that all has been corrected. Rumor is there will even be free popcorn tonight as well. It was PACKED last week. I had to knock an elderly lady out of her bar seat in order to get some food. No, I'm kidding. It was an AU summer student.

The movie begins at 8:00 (for real this time). There may even be a drinking game, for those so inclined. And that's water. A water drinking game. This is a family blog.