Monday, October 1, 2012

Carriage House Pub Replacing Tom Tom


The very first drink I had after permanently moving to DC was at Toledo Lounge. The second was at  Asylum. Then, dancing at Chief Ike's, karaoke at Millie & Al's and Neal Angel's 80's night at Heaven. I had been in the city for just a few weeks and I had already declared Adams Morgan my favorite neighborhood. I wanted to try every establishment. Some time later I was taken to Tom Tom by coworkers for a crazy dance night. That was a pretty wild and fun time. I'll  always remember that night. And Tom Tom --at the time-- seemed to epitomize the wild and crazy times that could be had on 18th for the young and carefree, or careless.

Tom Tom closed nearly one year ago and the space has seen little action since, save a paint job and other cosmetic changes to the exterior. However, now a new restaurant/bar will open in the space at 2333 18th St NW. The new venture is called Carriage House Pub.

Carriage House appears to have the same owners and alcohol licence holders as Tom Tom. No word on an opening date, concept or other details. Those details as they come. 

Email any tips or other notes to the42bus at gmail dot com or message me @The42BusDC.