Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Adams Morgan Shuffle: SNAP Closed, Spoon Opening


Somehow, I only visited SNAP creperie (at 2475 18th St NW) once, for coffee. Although they opened the doors to this Adams Morgan store way back in summer 2010... I guess I'm just not too into crepes. And I've always been astounded how so many creperies survive in DC. SNAP even had a sister restaurant in Georgetown. 

However, it appears that the Adams Morgan location is closed for good. The store went dark just before the new year and now has brown-papered windows. I will always have a sweet spot in my heart for the long-long-gone previous tenant, CD/Game Exchange. RIP CD/GAME EXCHANGE.

Next door at 2473 18th St NW, Cali Yogurt also closed before the new year. It is being replaced by Spoon, another frozen yogurt shop. Cali Yogurt opened in early 2009 and took the space of furniture store Miss Pixies (which moved to 14th St NW). No word on an opening date for Spoon.